- Date et heure
6th Annual May Day of Action for Status for All!
International Workers Day
May 1, 2011, Parkdale, Toronto
On International Workers Day, join the 6th annual May Day of Action for Status for All to help push immigration enforcement out of Toronto, ensure full status for temporary and undocumented workers, and to join the fight against cuts to public services and increased policing and militarization. Together, we will march in defense of indigenous sovereignty, against economic and military wars and environmental degradation, and to join with workers around the world, people of color, women, queer and disabled people, indigenous people, waged or unwaged, with or without citizenship status, in the fight to live freely with justice and dignity.
In the last year, refugee acceptance rates have fallen to less then 40%. The family reunification program has been cut by 30%. The federal government has cut $56 million in services for immigrants, mostly in Ontario while Rob Ford is proposing to cut 6,000 shelter beds for refugees. Canada is shifting to a temporary immigration program, while over 40% of the country can only find precarious or temp work. Deportations have doubled as the price of food and fuel continues to rise. Immigration Enforcement has committed to stalking undocumented women survivors of violence. The rich are getting richer off of our backs.
As the age of austerity declared by the G20 sees massive cuts to public services and unions, a militant global fight back is under way. And just like during the G20, we take to the streets on May Day 2011 to continue our resistance to global capitalism and colonization, fore-fronting the freedoms of the most vulnerable and precarious parts of the working class.
The struggle for Status is the struggle for just livelihood, housing, food, education, healthcare, childcare, shelter, justice and dignity. On May Day 2011, join the the 6th Annual No One Is Illegal! May Day of Action for Status for All.
We demand, We assert, We commit to:
* JUSTICE for Undocumented People and Migrant Workers: STATUS FOR ALL! ACCESS WITHOUT FEAR!
* JUSTICE for Our Communities: raise the rates, a living wage, unionization, free and accessible public services for all, cops out of our neighborhoods
* FREEDOM to Move, FREEDOM to Return, and FREEDOM to Stay
* FREEDOM from Colonization, Military and Economic Wars and Environmental Degradation
In the spirit of solidarity, and building the movement we need to see in this city, the No One Is Illegal march for Status for All will be converging with the May 1st Movement march.
BE PART OF THE STRUGGLE!
1) Endorse the 6th Annual No One Is Illegal! May Day of Action for Status for All. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consider making a financial donation and becoming a monthly sustainer through http://toronto.nooneisillegal.org/support
2) Organize a powerful contingent to join the demonstration.
3) Invite No One Is Illegal-Toronto to your organization, classroom, meeting or trainings to speak about justice and dignity for migrants in Canada - email@example.com
- Secteurs économiques
Agriculture and horticulture workers, Occupations in services - Domestic work, Sales and service occupations - general, Trades, transport and equipment operators and related occupations - general, Natural resources, agriculture and related production occupations - general, Labourers in food, beverage and associated products processing, Dancers et Autre
- Types de contenu
- Groupes cibles
Travailleurs (im)migrants, Journalistes, Sensibilisation du public, Chercheurs, Syndicats et ONG/groupes communautaires/réseaux de solidarité
- Domaines de réglementation
Droit de changer d’employeur, Droit de choisir son lieu de résidence, Droit de se syndiquer, Normes du travail, Santé et sécurité au travail, Programmes d’intégration des nouveaux arrivants et Accès à un statut permanent
- Pertinence géographique
Canada, Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, Quebec, Colombie-Britannique, Autres provinces et Fédéral