- Date and time
2013.05.30 to 2013.05.31, 3:45 PM to 3:45 PM
• What do we know about the role of migrant entrepreneurs in economic growth and development?
• What are the determinants of migrant entrepreneurship?
• How can host and home country policies encourage migrant entrepreneurs or promote the benefits of migrant entrepreneurs?
• How do migrant entrepreneurs overcome obstacles in their host countries, and what lessons can be learned from successful cases?
• What does the rising number of field experiments tell us about migrant entrepreneurship?
• When and how can migrant entrepreneurship lead to unproductive and destructive activities?
• How does migrant entrepreneurship differ between regions and countries?
• What are the relationships between migrant entrepreneurship, international trade and investment flows?
• Is migration from the Middle East a viable solution to re-energize stagnant European labour markets and small business sectors?
• Can the African Diaspora be a catalyst for entrepreneurial development in the continent?
Maastricht School of Management,
migrants, transnational, entrepreneurs, refugees
- Economic sectors
Management occupations - general
- Content types
Policy analysis and Support initiatives
- Target groups
Policymakers, Public awareness, and Researchers
- Geographical focuses